Donner Girl and Bluette
Beth currently rides the 2004 Oldenburg mare Donner Girl (“DG”) by Don Gregory, and the 1992 semi-retired Danish Grand Prix mare, Bluette, by Rambo.
Beth grew up riding with the Bainbridge Island Pony Club, earning her “B” rating. After many years of school, she eventually returned to riding, focusing on dressage.
- USDF gold, silver, and bronze medalist
- USDF “L” program graduate, with distinction
- Recipient of numerous year-end and high-point competition awards
- Demonstration rider in several symposia
Beth trains regularly with Roxanne Christenson and has ridden in clinics with the late Dietrich von Hopfgarten, Stephan Kiesewetter, Leslie Reid, Steffen Peters, Henk Glynn, Gerd Heuschmann, and Conrad Schumacher.
Beth has been active with Equestrians’ Institute for years, serving on its board as Dressage Director from 2000-2002.
In 2009, Beth’s horse property in Redmond, WA underwent a huge upgrade with a lovely new barn and gorgeous covered arena with an entire short wall of mirrors. What a luxury after so many years of riding in the rain!
Also in 2009, Beth traveled to The Netherlands and Denmark to shop for a new dressage partner. After a wonderful whirlwind trip trying 16 horses, she settled on Donner Girl. Why? She fit all the criteria – age, price, size, gait quality – and of all the horses, DG had the most agreeable and cooperative temperament. She tried to listen! While only 5 when purchased, her training was more that of a 4 year old, as DG had already had a foal!
Keep up with DG’s training journeys on Beth’s blog.
- 2011 – successful at 2nd level with DG (but publishing a book and producing a DVD limited showing!)
- 2010 – DG’s debut in the show ring at Training and First level – at Regional Championships, she placed 1st at Open Training level and 2nd at First level
- 2006 – competed successfully at Grand Prix with Bluette and earned USDF gold medal
- 2005 – competed at Intermediare II with Bluette
- 2003-2004 – competed at Prix. St. Georges and Intermediare I with Bluette
- 2002 – competed mostly at 4th level with Bluette, and also earned USDF silver medal
- 1996-1998 – competed at 3rd level with Talon and earned USDF bronze medal
- 1995 – competed at 2nd level with Talon placing 8th USDF Horse of the Year, and 2nd USDF Adult Amateur division
- 1993-1994 – competed at Training and First level with Talon