Riding Lessons General Information
Beth offers private riding lessons and clinics that apply Pilates principles and mindful movement to the skills of riding.
In a riding lesson, you will bring focus, effective breathing, good postural, and supple movement to your riding. You will learn how your horse moves at each gait, and how you should move with it. This improves timing of your aids and responsiveness from the horse. You will use your body in a logical and healthy way to improve balance and harmony with your horse.
Beth can travel to your arena to teach; a travel fee may be added.
- Riding lesson at your barn: $60 plus possible travel fee.
At this time I do not have school horses.
“I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the help you give. My horse was SO good today, I have never felt a horse be so transformed by what could be described as ‘little’ changes to the way I sit!”
Beth travels to give one to three-day clinics. This clinics may include:
- A 2 or 3- hour classroom session that includes a discussion of rider anatomy and function, a presentation of Beth’s Rider Fundamentals (a training scale for the rider), a class of exercises that relate directly to riding skills, and review of video clips of riders demonstrating the Rider Fundamentals.
- 45-minute private riding lessons for each participant.
- Optional 45-minute private off-horse movement sessions for participants.
- Optional exercise class (without lecture).
- Clinic fees depend on duration, location, and number of participants.
Beth can also present the off-horse portion of her clinics in a stand-alone seminar.
“Riding with Beth has led to the most positive changes in my riding, and that of my students, of any clinician I have worked with in the 35 years I have been a professional dressage trainer.”